Sunday, March 18, 2012

My 18 Month Old Boy

WOW, I have been a horrible blogger lately! Things have been hectic around the Hays' home, and my camera had been in Nashville-thanks again Johnny for shipping it back to me! Anyway, I am back in the blogging saddle and there is a lot to catch up on. But lets start with this unbelievable fact...my baby is 18 months old!! I cannot believe he is 18 months...it feels like such a milestone. 

Last week we went to visit with Dr. Walley for his 18 month check up. Here are my sweet boys stats:
  • Weight: 24.10 (50th-75th percentile)
  • Height: 35 inches (off the charts)

John Whitten has changed so much in the last few months. He is talking so much more and is definitely has discovered that he has an opinion about things. Lillian is a such an amazing big sister and is always taking care of her baby brother, and like any boy John Whitten loves it being taken care of. One thing we are sure of is that our baby boy is just that BOY. He is into everything and is always climbing onto things so that he can then throw himself off of whatever object he managed to get on. He LOVES his cousin Eli and loves Lillian's friend Jack. Those two, Jack and Eli, are the ultimate boys and I think that John Whitten just wants to be into everything with them. It is so strange going from my little wall flower Lillian who has always just wanted to color and play tea parties to my wild and crazy boy. I am learning to navigate these little boys waters, but it is tough but so rewarding. 

We are still dealing with some eating issues, and recently were sent to see a pediatric ENT. They put him on a reflux medicine- I wasn't happy about that but said I would try it, he is having a swallow test done tomorrow and on Tuesday is having his adenoids taken out. They will also take a look down his throat on Tuesday to make sure that there are no natural obstructions or webbing in his esophagus. We already know that there is a "disconnect" between his soft pallet and his brain; his body doesn't get the signal to swallow so it come back up instead. We will also be starting occupational therapy soon so hopefully all of this stuff will help us figure things out a little more. Keep our little guy in your prayers this week, and his nervous Mommy and Daddy!

waiting for Dr. Walley


I cannot believe how much I love this little boy

Lord, be gracious to us! We wait for You. Be our strength every morning...
Isaiah 33:2

No comments: