Thursday, July 26, 2012

Date Night With Lillian

This past Saturday Lillian and I went on a little Mommy/Daughter date night and we had such a good time together. I loved getting spend time with my sweet girl without any distractions (her wild brother), and it is definitely something that we will start doing once a month. Lillian wanted us to eat dinner at Chick-fi-la (no surprise there), and when she said the blessing she said, "I am so glad my Mommy wanted to spend time with just me. We are having a very good time". Her sweet prayers melt my heart every time. After dinner we had some time to spare before our movie so we went to the dollar store and I let Lillian pick out one special date night present. She picked out a water toy, and then also asked we could get one for her brother. I love it that she is always thinking of him; such a good big sister. We headed over to the movie theater, got our movie snacks and settled in our seats. In true Lillian form she didn't touch her snack until the movie started...not even one bite. I love her little quirks. We had a great time together and when we got home she kept telling me, "I am so glad we had a special date, Mommy". I was glad we got to have our special date too. 

yummy dinner w/my sweet girl

@ the movies

I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden thse things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
Matthew 11:25

No comments: