Wednesday, February 8, 2012

John Whitten's First HAIRCUT!

At 16 months old (almost 17) I finally took John Whitten to get his FIRST HAIRCUT! Just lately I am realizing that my baby really isn't a baby anymore, but instead is growing into a beautiful energetic toddler who melts my heart everyday with his smile. So Tuesday we went to see Ms Cathy and got my baby boy a big boy haircut. I have to say that I like it more than I thought I would. I was worried that he was going to freak out about the whole haircutting process, but I was wrong. He sat SO still the whole time and even let Ms Cathy use the electric trimmers to taper the back of his hair. I was so proud of him! The big thing I was worried about was cutting off all of this sweet curls, but Cathy said that his hair curls at the root so it would still curl up even after it was cut. I am not ready to give up those sweet curls just yet.

Last night I rocked John Whitten until he fell asleep. He might be a toddler (w/ big boy haircut), but to this Momma he will always be my beautiful baby boy.


I can't believe that I cut these curls off...

and these!!

Lillian was so excited for John Whitten to get his haircut

Look how handsome my boy is?!




thanks Ms Cathy! 


visiting my grandparents to show off JW's new do!



my handsome boy

looking for Jack this morning

see, he still has his curls...there just not as long anymore

But each day the LORD pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.
Psalm 42:8