Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Always Amazing Me

Lillian is constantly surprising Shaun and I with just how smart and creative she is. She not only plays well independently but she is starting to pretend play, which is not really common at this age. This morning I watched her as she held her baby doll and tried to feed it with a spoon! I was blown away; if only I had my video camera on hand. But of all of the new things that she has learned to do giving hugs and kisses is by far my favorite! Lillian has become so affectionate, and will shower you in kisses whenever you ask. When Shaun walks in the door from work she almost runs to him to give him a huge. Yesterday morning when I picked her up out of her crib she took the paci out of her mouth and gave me a huge kiss and then wrapped her little arms around my neck and gave me a big hug. My heart just melts when she does little things like that. Sometimes it is almost like she is saying, "You are doing a good job Mommy. I love you!". How blessed I am to have such a loving little girl.

*this is a really cute video of Lillian pretending to put sun screen on Eli.

No comments: