Thursday, April 15, 2010
Don't Walk
Lillian is very observant, and she is constantly pointing things out to me when we are driving down the road. It is usually things like trucks, dogs, people walking dogs, trees, birds on power lines. All common things for a child to recognize and point out. But this morning on our way to Temple we were stopped at a stop light downtown when Lillian started pointing out the window saying, "Hand, hand, hand! Momma see hand!". I glanced out the window and all I saw was little trees lining the sidewalk and an apartment building. Not paying to much attention I said, "Lillian those are just trees". She yelled ,"NO Momma, see hand!". I looked over there again and finally saw what she was talking about- the crosswalk sign had the orange hand displayed indicating don't walk. I was shocked that Lillian had not only noticed the hand on the sign, but was able to recognize it as a hand. The rest of the way to Temple every time we passed one of those signs she would either say, "Momma see hand" or "No hand Momma". She is learning so much, and I am so proud of the little person she is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good girl! Isn't it amazing what they notice? The other day, at t stop sign, Hudson said "S-T-O-P, stop sign, Mom!"....
Post a Comment